Self Help – HSIM Student Department Faculty and Computer Lab Assistant
HLTH SERVICES & INFO MANAGEMENTAcademic Term/Year:
Spring - 2021Position Title:
Self Help – HSIM Student Department Faculty and Computer Lab AssistantPosting Number:
03076Student Job Category:
Student - Self-Help Campus JobNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Health Services & Info Management is currently seeking Student Computer Lab Assistants as a temporary position for student workers. Computer Lab Assistants are responsible for providing assistance to HSIM students. You are the first contact person for students seeking technical help with computer related issues, and wireless log-on issues. Perform basic computer troubleshooting, including course specific software and printer maintenance. Computer Lab Assistants are responsible for maintaining a clean quiet work area for students. This position is for ECU students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Primary responsibility is to provide student support and customer service.-Be present, visible, and available to students, faculty and staff requiring technical assistance.- Be acquainted with the available help resources and stay updated with campus technology changes and problems.
-Computer Lab Assistants are expected to familiarize themselves with new software and hardware applications used in the HSIM computer lab.
- Create computer issues tickets in ITCS Help Desk.
-Work with HSIM Faculty on additional duties supporting teaching in the lab.
- Work with HSIM Faculty on additional projects if time/lab work commitments permit. Working as the lab assistant takes priority.-Student will not work during university breaks.
Preferred Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully Computer Lab Assistant should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical: The ability to research unfamiliar technical issues, learn new software and hardware applications.- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information to either resolve the issue or escalate the issue to the next tier group. Ability to visualize the problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.- Technical Skills: Demonstrate the ability to logical solve basic technical issues. Show they are knowledgeable in current operating system and software applications, as well as SIS, Google Apps and Canvas.
- Customer Service: Demonstrate patience and persistence when helping when helping difficult or emotional students, as well as students who have little or no computing skills. Maintain a good attitude when repeatedly answering the same questions to same students.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and courteously help students, faculty, staff and administrators with technical issues answers basic to intermediate software issues. Offer to help find answers to problems or send them to the next support tier.- Oral Communication: Ability to explain technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Written Communication: Ability to submit Help Desk tickets.
- Teamwork: Share information and collaborate on technical issues. Willing to help each other cover hours as needed.
- Professionalism: Please wear appropriate clothes. Keep your tone, speech and emails professional. Professionally answers and routes phone calls to appropriate departments. Assist with basic technical issues.
- Adaptability: Technology changes continually, and technology fails learn how to adjust when things do not go as planned. Learn different ways to do things.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Ability to manage time.
- Dependability: Dependability in following schedules and procedures.Preferred (Majors, Experience, GPA, etc.):
HIM/HSM student, basic computer troubleshooting experience and GPA: 3.0Special Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit resume and list of references online.Quick Link for Direct Access:
01/07/2021Open Until Filled: