Assistant Dean for Clinical Informatics/Chief Medical Informatics Officer (67332)
Nov 24, 2020
The position of Assistant Dean for Clinical Informatics/Chief Medical Informatics Officer UF Health is designed to serve as a liaison between Information technology in all its facets and the UF Health physician/provider community. In addition, the role involves direct supervision of physician liaisons/trainers, as well as supervision of other system CMIOs/Associate CMIOs.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
Review proposed IT initiatives in terms of their impact on clinicians at all sites, working closely with both IT staff, nursing informatics, and stakeholders, while being sensitive to organizational priorities and fiscal impacts. Create a strategic plan and road map for implementation.
Working closely with IT staff and stakeholders at all sites, advise and help to problem solve during project development and execution. Maintain awareness of current and future projects.
Disseminate information regarding IT initiatives/changes to stakeholders.
Help to prioritize IT projects in combination with clinical and operational leadership.
Liaise with clinical and operational leadership to keep them aware of ongoing initiatives, achieve “buy-in”, and, as needed, lobby for financial support.
Seek feedback from the clinical community regarding the success, or failure, of implemented IT projects.
Liaise with, and oversee the activities of system CMIOs, and Associate CMIOs.
Supervise physician liaison/trainer group
Maintain at least 10% of time in active clinical practice
- MD or DO degree, followed by an accredited residency.
- State of Florida Medical License
- Membership in the medical staff at the “home” hospital.
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical informatics/IT.
- Ability to assume a UF Health wide approach (no campus bias) in setting priorities as well as working with colleagues.
- Leadership experience at the department/college/hospital level in an academic setting or complex health system with an appreciation of the issues in an academic setting;
- Recognized among a wide variety of peers for clinical expertise/knowledge;
- Certification in Clinical Informatics is a plus;
- Passion for continuing to improve healthcare IT, making it more intuitive, and less time consuming for clinicians;
- Strong understanding of the Electronic Medical Record and the associated systems that support clinical care, education and research;
- Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships throughout multiple levels across UF Health;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to broker optimal solutions in the face of varying and contrary opinions – Excellent “people skills”;
- Ability to confidently present information at various leadership levels across UF Health;
- Track record of listening to, and working with colleagues at all levels to produce positive change – preferably a history of successful work improving healthcare safety and quality;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to participate actively in decision making at all levels, and then support the ultimate decision whether it was her/his preferred option. Ability to subjugate personal opinions to the needs of patients, colleagues and UF Health;
- Ability to serve as a role model for other employees and colleagues, as exemplified by a positive attitude and consistent presence at both and future sites;
- Visionary that is innovative and proactive.
Please direct all nominations and resumes to our search partner, WittKieffer: Hillary Ross and Scott Dethloff, via e-mail, to [email protected]
This position is open to current UF employees only.
Final candidate may be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
The University of Florida is An Equal Employment Opportunity Institution. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352/392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800/955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.