RN Administrative Coordinator- OB/GYN
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) - Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-30
Responsible for the administrative or programmatic management of designated functions for a specialized department/area.
- Assess the needs of internal/external customers according to established professional standards and institutional guidelines/policy/procedure.
- Organizes and prioritizes services and activities considering the needs of the customers.
- Actively participates in quality improvement program development and professional growth activities for self while assisting in the professional development of others.
- Evaluates effectiveness of services.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of services.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of services.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 3 years relevant Registered Nurse experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requirements: None required. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.