Research Nurse PRN (Staff Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA - Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-23
The Center for Diabetes Technology at the University of Virginia is seeking Registered Nurses to work on a PRN basis. This position requires performing blood draws (from indwelling catheter and fingerstick) on study participants and knowledge of study research procedures and protocols in both inpatient and on-location settings. Research study-specific training will be provided. Shifts include day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday. Shifts are scheduled according to the needs of the study. Employees will report on an as-needed (PRN) basis, no more than 40 hours per week.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029
Hourly rate is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume and Cover Letter. Search on requisition number: R0019618.
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Keith Johnson, HR Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment Drug Screen, Education Verification (PLANKA).
- Associate's Degree or higher in Nursing
- A minimum of 1 year nursing experience required ( training time may be considered in lieu of experience.)
- RN (Registered Nurse)
- CPR certification
- Ability to perform blood draws from indwelling catheter
- Ability to insert intravenous catheters that are appropriate for drawing blood
- Ability to perform finger-stick blood glucose and ketone measurements
- Skill in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional customer service and listening skills
- Experience in clinical research nursing
- Ability to operate a centrifuge
- Ability to operate YSI blood glucose analyzer
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and protocols
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.