Community Outreach Assistant II (Extended Temporary)
Cochise County OfficeDepartment Website Link:
County Extensions and FarmsAddress:
1140 N Colombo Ave, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 USAPosition Highlights:
Plans, develops, coordinates, and implements community-oriented programs focused on meeting community needs and improving life skills for targeted public segments. Delivers content, programs, materials and technology solutions, as needed, to support program objectives.
The Community Outreach Assistant II will provide education, and will promote and evaluate programs pertaining to financial literacy and parenting.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support to community outreach program and service providers.
- Monitor log and track and record constituent cases.
- Prescreen inquiries regarding outreach programs and services and direct to appropriate resources
- Gather preliminary data and information on potential participants to provide assessment services
- Assists with establishing contact with appropriate community resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalentlearning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- A valid driver’s license with the ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy Fleet Safety Policy.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience living and working in Cochise County.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
(520)458-8278 ext 2178
11/23/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.