Temp Softball Coach
Temp Softball CoachTracking Code705-674 Job Description
The Temporary Softball Coach will partner with the Softball team to support a program that seeks to develop and challenge student-athletes as competitors and as individuals. Manage a diverse set of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Teach high-level softball fundamentals and strategies to student-athletes, with an emphasis on pitching instruction.
- Assist with the overall planning and organization of the program.
- Assist with student-athlete recruitment at the Regional and National level.
- Assist with coordinating team travel and equipment management.
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, administration and alumni.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the online application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Kate Stake, Head Softball Coach
Athletics Recreation Center
Valparaiso, IN 46383
- A strong desire to teach student athletes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Coaching experience, specifically working with pitchers & catchers.