Part Time Faculty WDCE Information Technology Instructor
Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-26
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart Time Faculty WDCE Information Technology InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Information Technology Institute (ITI), is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching in the following areas:
-Cybersecurity – CISSP Training
-Database Administration – MS SQL Database Administration, MS Azure
-Computer Aided Design – AutoCAD
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high
degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and
demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on
a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the
student enrollment needs. ***
•The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not
constitute an assignment.
•The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment
and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach non-credit, hands-on technology classes in the evenings and/or weekends to adult learners (Most classes are delivered remotely at the moment due to Covid-19).
- Perform administrative duties during class as specified by the program administration.
- Submit administrative records on time after the class.
- Collaborate in the development of course curriculum .
- College degree and industry certifications.
- Working knowledge or a combination of training and teaching experience of one or several of the following technology areas:
- Cybersecurity (CISSP applicants)
- Architecture, Drafting, Design Technology (AutoCAD applicants)
- Database Administration (MS SQL and MS Azure Database Administration)
- Proficiency with and ability to use a Learning Management System (LMS) and other web-based instructional technology to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Demonstrated experience teaching using a variety of delivery methods, online resources and technology applications across the curriculum.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Online applications must be received by February 25, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateThursday, February 25, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.