Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Assistant Professor of Biomedical EngineeringJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by 1/10/2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by 1/24/2021.
Applications received subsequent to second consideration (1/24/2021) may not be given full consideration.
DEPARTMENT BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
The Department of Electrical, Computer, and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the level of Assistant Professor beginning in Fall 2021. The department has 23 full-time faculty and offers the B.S., M.S, and Ph.D. degrees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses and establish a high-quality, externally-funded, research in neural engineering.
1. An earned doctorate in biomedical engineering or closely related field at time of appointment.
2. Demonstrated record of scholarly activity in one or more areas of neural engineering including, but not limited to, bio/neuro-instrumentation, neuro-signal processing (AI and machine learning in particular), neuro-rehabilitation, neuro-robotics, and/or neuro-interfacing.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in biomedical engineering.
2. Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop an externally funded research program.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Elec, Computer & Bio EngrContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the required 6 separate (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) a cover letter.
(#2) A complete curriculum vitae.
(#3) A narrative describing your research and how it relates to neuro-engineering (as one complete pdf doc).
(#4) A narrative describing your teaching philosophy and background, and preferences (including existing courses in ECBE department such as BME 362/3, BME 461, and new courses you might develop) (as one complete pdf doc).
(#5) “Other Document” – a one-page narrative describing your diversity position.
(#6) “Other” – the names and contact information of at least three references.Position Number:
11/23/2020Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: