Job no: 493631
Position Type: ECC Student Worker
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Categories: Student Workers
Role: Federal Work Study - Human Resource Information System
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Rate of Pay:
An employee in this classification performs work of routine difficulty by supporting day to day operations of the Human Resources file room including personnel file creation and imaging of documents. Work is distinguished by the ability to coordinate workload to meet established deadlines with the utmost accuracy. Immediate supervision is received from the assigned department manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Working skill in written and verbal communication.
2. Considerable skill in organization and time management.
3. Considerable skill in attention to detail.
4. Working skill in operating computer, software and peripheral equipment.
5. Some knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Previous document imaging and filing experience
1. Scan documents with a high degree of quality.
2. Ensure that all documents are scanned in a timely and efficient manner to avoid delay in further processing.
3. Review documents to ensure each was scanned and employee identification is present on each document and to identify poor originals or other quality issues that require resolution.
4. Index all documents to the appropriate employee and ensure each document is assigned the appropriate document name.
5. Forward to the appropriate workflow queue.
6. Manage documents that have already been scanned according to protocol.
7. Create and maintain personnel files
8. Check incoming paperwork for completeness
9. Sort paperwork alphabetically for filing
10. Assist HR team on file requests, and keep logs of borrowed files
11. Monitor inventory of file folders and other supplies and report shortages
12. Other tasks and projects as assigned
13. Maintain a high level of confidentiality to safeguard employee information
Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description
Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is XX/XX/XXXX. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that apply by XX/XX/XXXX and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: January 1, 2021 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled