Chapter Outreach and Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Student Engagement
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
WORK LOCATION: Approved for Telecommuting
DATE: December 1, 2020
OBJECTIVE: To provide support to Phi Theta Kappa chapters that includes targeted virtual outreach, comprehensive training in Society programs, guidance in best practices for a successful chapter, and the achievement of specific engagement outcomes annually.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and implement a program of targeted virtual chapter outreach that expands participation in the Five Star Chapter Development Plan.
Research and design relevant chapter training for members, advisors, and other constituent groups.
Provide customer service on all chapter development issues to advisors, officers, and members.
Implement an assessment process to ensure that targeted virtual outreach increases engagement as measured by participation in the Five Star Chapter Development Plan.
Provide direct support for the development of educational materials and resources for chapter and member development as related to undergraduate research, leadership development, student personal and professional development, and overall chapter engagement.
Promote attendance and participation in Phi Theta Kappa programs by representing the Society at virtual chapter meetings and other events.
Contribute to the evaluation of member and chapter awards as part of the Hallmark Awards Program.
Advance the strategic plan of the Society through engagement in the planning process at the strategic, operational, and individual levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of relevant student engagement experience in a college setting.
- Experience serving as a Phi Theta Kappa advisor.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all Phi Theta Kappa constituents.
- Professional written and verbal communications, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of and appreciation for Phi Theta Kappa’s mission, programs, and culture.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
This work environment is an office-like setting with moderate noise.
- Physical Exertion: The incumbent may frequently be required to lift approximately 10 pounds and/or occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Vision: The incumbent must possess close, midrange, distance and peripheral vision; as well as the ability to identify colors, judge distances and adjust focus.
- Speaking/Hearing: The incumbent must be able to give and receive information through speaking and listening.
- Motor Coordination: The incumbent in this position is frequently required to: use their hands and reach with their hands and arms. The incumbent is occasionally required to: stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend.
The physical requirements listed for this job are not exhaustive and additional requirements may be added as needed. Corrective devices may be used to meet physical requirements.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT
Phi Theta Kappa is committed to the elimination of unlawful discrimination in connection with all employment relationships, business operations and programs. Discrimination based on gender, family or marital status, race, color, national origin, military or veteran status, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or history, age, disability, political affiliation and cultural and religious backgrounds is prohibited.
Apply for Chapter Outreach and Development Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly