ASHS - Assistant/Associate Professor Occupational Therapy
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Health Sciences (ATSU-ASHS), Department of Occupational Therapy invites applications for a faculty position at the assistant or associate professor rank for the accredited residential MSOT and OTD programs. The position will require relocation to the greater Phoenix area as programs are fully residential.Responsibilities:
Teach, design, and/or manage assigned components of the entry-level MS and OTD curriculum. Advise and mentor students for research and capstone projects. Facilitate development of experiential/community-based components of the entry-level residential OT curriculum with university partners. Teach in areas of content expertise, and develop an active scholarship /research agenda to provide research opportunities for students. Participate in departmental, institutional and/or other professional service activities that support the mission of the institution. Serve on committees as assigned.Qualifications/Requirements:
- Academic doctoral degree required or in progress from an accredited institution (PhD preferred).
- Established record of scholarship and student advising.
- Licensed/eligible for Arizona OT licensure.
- Knowledge/experience in OT education, scholarship, and research.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in occupational therapy that must include at least 2 years’ experience in an academic setting.
- Teaching experience in any of the following areas: behavioral health; pediatrics; research methods, evidence-based practice; neuroscience and/or pathophysiology; and/or administration and management.
- Clinical experience in settings with pediatrics and/ or mental health practice.
- Prior teaching experience required.
- Previous experience as a full-time faculty with teaching responsibilities at the post-baccalaureate level, strongly desired.
Interested persons should apply online and submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae.
Please contact Jyothi Gupta, PhD, chair and program director, at [email protected] for additional information.