Job location: San Jose, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-20
The Program Manager is responsible for creating course schedules, maintaining course materials, overseeing registration, and providing support to the Dean of the San Jose campus. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating projects with other departments and communicating with internal and external constituents (students, faculty, staff, and clients). The Program Manager collaborates with other departments to establish policies, procedures, and systems to develop and maintain the department for Pacific Oaks.
This position is located in San Jose and reports directly to the Dean of the San Jose campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Scheduling for all programs offered in consultation with Campus Dean and Each School Dean
- Develop and track course scheduling, instructor assignments, participant records, and supply ordering.
- Assist the VPAA and or Dean with maintaining the functioning of the department such as: maintaining files, preparing agendas, taking and/or transcribing meeting notes, supervision of student workers, and other administrative duties.
- Manage registration materials, procedures, policies, and communications in coordination with the office of the Registrar.
- Serve as primary point of contact in the department for students; this may include attending workshops, classes, and events outside of regular business hours.
- Partner with the TCSES various departments to ensure collection and dissemination of course evaluations and other assessment instruments and reports.
- Assist instructors with gathering course/workshop materials including books, articles, tests, and assessments.
- Partner with the Librarian to ensure that readings on eReserves are accurate and current.
- Partner with the Canvas Instructional Designers to ensure that online instructional course information is accurate and current.
- Partner with the Marketing and Public Relations department to ensure website and other communications are accurate and current.
- Current with student-facing departments as needed to ensure the services and resources provided to students are appropriately delivered and managed.
- Work with the Deans and Human Resources in the hiring and on-boarding of new faculty.
- Support and advance the missions, vision, and values of Pacific Oaks College.
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Strong administrative skills
- Team oriented
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Use of various tech-based software
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree or graduate coursework preferred
- Senior level experience in higher education administration with a strong record of academic leadership, including experience with all aspects of program review and online education
- 2 - 3 years of administrative and/or higher education experience
- Strong financial and budgeting background
- High level of computer proficiency, including MS Office (Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Word) and Adobe Professional
- CampusVue and Canvas LMS experience a plus
- Number of exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Number of non-exempt employees this position supervises: 0
- Item: Corporate Card for books, etc.
- $ Per Year: 0
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL BUSINESS CONTACTS:
- Peers, co-workers
- Communication, disseminating information
- Gathering information for advising purposes
- Instructional sites
- Books/course materials
- Instructional Facilities off-site
- Computer/keyboard; telephone w/headset; calculator; copier/scanner; stapler.
- Percent of time driving/travel is required: 10-15%
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Indoor/office; temperature about 70 degrees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (based on a typical week):
C = Constant(over 66% of time)
F =Frequent(34%-66% of time)
O = Occasional(1%-33% of time)
- Lifting/carrying under 10 lbs. – O
- Pushing/pulling under 10 lbs. – O
- Reaching outward – O
- Sitting – C
- Standing – O
- Bending – O
- Walking on normal surfaces – F
- Typing/keyboarding/ten-key – C
- Fine handling/grasping – O
- Repetitive motion (hands) – O
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.