Real Property Specialist
Real Property Specialist
Job ID: 2020-11444
# of Openings: 1
Category: Facilities Management and Physical Plant
Responsible for maintaining PPPL’s corporate inventory system for real property, the Department of Energy’s Facility Information Management System (FIMS) database. FIMS encompasses all real property assets to include land, buildings, trailers, and other structured facilities as specified by the Department of Energy’s guidelines. Responsible for tracking and organizing all FIMS data elements for all PPPL’s real property assets. Provides oversight and management of PPPL’s building condition assessments. Leads functional assessment meetings, deferred maintenance and repair needs collection processes and teams. Leads PPPL to successful annual FIMS audit reviews and validation events.
- Provide oversight for major segments of the PPPL’s Real Property Management Program.
- Communicate and interact with the Princeton Site Office personnel, FIMS contractors, DOE HQ offices as required to ensure timely and appropriate response to initiatives, datacalls, and routine database activities.
- Facilitate annual FIMS validation events.
- Provide data for reporting in accordance with DOE and FIMS requirements.
- Work cross-functionally with various PPPL departments to develop and maintain source documentation for FIMS annual data validation.
- Advise on regulatory matters concerning real property control, real property use, and maintenance of Government property.
- Ensure consistency between CMMS with other databases including FIMS and VFA Facility database.
- Completion of and keep current on DOE’s FIMS User training and FIMS Validation training.
- Contributes to the development and execution of the PPPL infrastructure annual planning efforts.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience with administrative use of Maximo or similar CMMS program.
- Experience with VFA Facility database a plus.
- Experience of DOE property regulations preferred.
- Skill in developing, implementing, administering, evaluating, monitoring, or coordinating programs, policies, regulations, and procedures concerned with the management, control, utilization, or disposition of industrial, real, or personal property.
- Knowledge of Government policies, regulations, and methods.
- Strong multi-platform computer skills with the ability to effectively use various campus, department, and Department of Energy (DOE) software systems.
- Knowledge of contract provisions, and ability to interpret and apply contract clauses and Government procurement regulations.
- Knowledge of database administration fundamentals, management, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.