Program Coordinator I
Program Coordinator I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Title V - Project Grad
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
This position is responsible for planning and ensuring full implementation of all aspects related to academic student support for underprepared STEM students for the Collegiate STEM Institute (CSI) bridge and developmental math and TSI support at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing the Personal Financial Literacy/Success (PFL) boot camps.
- Recruit at local high schools for the TAMUCC CSI program.
- Provide STEM academic support services that will facilitate a student's transition from high school to college and improve TAMUCC's persistence rates.
- Provide remedial prep courses taught by faculty instructors.
- Provide PLF Boot Camps.
- Manage TSI assessment retakes at the completion of the CSI for students to re-test into credit-bearing courses.
- Provide College 101 presentations by campus departments to provide information that is layered in during the CSI.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing the goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for CSI.
- Stay well-informed of current research and best-practices in developmental education and instructional technologies through professional development activities.
- Track and analyze student data to determine number of students enrolling in non-remedial coursework, persistence, and retention of cohort students, as well as graduation rates. Develops pre and post surveys to gather qualitative and quantitative data on student progress.
- Build and maintain relationships with students in the cohort through holistic advising meetings. Assist students with course selection, degree review, financial aid, and career planning.
- Research and develop culturally and engaging events for students in the cohort to develop a sense of belonging.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate two graduate assistants who will work with students in the cohort on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two (2) years educational teaching/training or educational presentation experience.
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will substitute for minimum requirements.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suites.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy maintaining student records.
- Capacity to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with community agencies.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, data collection and reporting skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team using a student-centered focus on helping to retain students throughout their higher education experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills to be able to communicate courteously and effectively with students, faculty, staff, and public.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM or STEM related field.
- Two (2) years program development experience in higher education.
- Experience with low-income, first-generation, and/or groups of underrepresented students especially Hispanic students in higher education.
- Familiarity with Argos and DegreeWorks.
- Familiarity with Federal grant programs.
- $55,000 Annual
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Program-Coordinator-I_R-034273-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency