Assistant Professor, Reading
Assistant Professor, Reading
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Curriculum Instruction and Learning Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Learning Sciences of the College of Education and Human Development invites applications for tenure-track Assistant Professor of Reading to begin fall 2021. The successful candidate will assume a range of responsibilities including: (1) developing and teaching courses; (2) conducting meaningful research and scholarship activities; (3) participating in college, departmental, and program committee work and professional service; (4) mentoring undergraduate students/teacher candidates; and (5) supervising teacher candidates in field and clinical experiences in various school settings.
The selected candidate will be expected to teach both online and face-to-face classes and will be expected to be on campus for teaching, service, and office hours at least 2-3 days per week. May involve night, weekend, and electronic course delivery.
Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Learning Sciences offers a variety of undergraduate programs in addition to reading courses for teaching preparation, Masters' degrees in Curriculum and Instruction, and an Online Master's in Reading. Doctoral degrees are offered in Curriculum and Instruction and Literacy Studies.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Literacy/Reading. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred by time of appointment.
- Three (3) years ELAR PK - 6 teaching experience.
- Be knowledgeable of theoretical and pedagogical understandings regarding literacy instruction.
- Background knowledge of working with culturally and linguistically diverse populations.
- Demonstrate a developing research agenda.
- Five (5) years PK-6 teaching experience.
- Experience collaborating with public schools and university.
- Successful experience in university teaching.
- Successful experience in online instruction.
- Experience supervising clinical or practicum experience in reading education settings.
- Working with pre-service teachers.
- Experience teaching learners from diverse backgrounds.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/
All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor
4. A copy of recent published or submitted manuscript, and
5. Copies of unofficial transcripts of graduate coursework.
The job posting will remain open until a finalist has been selected.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Professor--Reading_R-034146-1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency