Job Number: 87910
Job Code: 4102
FTE: 100%, Non-exempt
School of Engineering, Office of the Dean
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Are you a self-starter who exudes a high-level of customer service? Then this position may be the right fit for you! We are searching for someone to join our team of four administrative associates who are cross-trained to support the dean's office administration as well as three client groups (Communications, Engineering Research Administration, and the Office of Student Affairs.) Because the administrative team is responsible for a broad range of duties, this role is ideal for someone who wants to explore different aspects of higher education administration. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Dean/Administrative Team Manager and works closely with leadership and staff throughout the School of Engineering, Office of the Dean.
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing the School of Engineering by being the first point of contact in the Dean's Suite.
- Event planning such as lunches, breakfasts, and special occasions.
- Composing, formatting, preparing, and distributing routine communications and materials.
- Arrange travel and act as a resource to guide travelers on business travel policy.
- Manage hiring process for client groups.
- Providing accurate and timely processing of financial transactions including expense reimbursements and purchasing card transactions.
- Purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- Maintaining approved content on websites.
- Scheduling complex meetings with multiple constituencies.
- Supporting the Executive Assistant with meeting scheduling, document preparation, data collection and other tasks as assigned.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- A collaborative and flexible attitude.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- A commitment to your own professional growth and career development.
- Ability to work independently to investigate and solve problems.
- Pride in your work and understanding of how it supports the mission of the school.
- Excellent customer service skills, willingness to go the extra mile.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to prioritize tasks and reach out for help when needed.
- Excellent computer skills in basic Microsoft Office applications.
- A high school diploma and three years of experience in customer service, support, or administrative role.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on “Apply for Job.” To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume with your application. In accordance with Stanford's Winter Closure, the office will be closed Saturday, December 12, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021. Please note: no applications will be reviewed or responded to before January 4, 2021.
Why Stanford is for You
We provide market competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our unique perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. As one of the greatest intellectual hubs in the world, take advantage of development programs, tuition reimbursement plus $800 you receive annually towards skill-building classes, or audit a Stanford course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums. Create an avatar and participate in virtual reality adventures or join one with fellow staff on Stanford vacations!
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computing, cell phones, outdoor recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
- We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87910
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency