Administrative Assistant 3
Administrative Assistant 3
Job Number: 87911
Job Family: Administration
Job Series: Administrative Associate 3
Job Code: 4103
Effective/Revision Date: 04/02/2015
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Job Code: 4103
Job Grade: F
WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy.
Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Each day is different - you will need a flexible mindset and the ability to communicate well with University stakeholders. If you are a proactive individual with strong business sense and outstanding communication skills, this may be the right career opportunity for you.
Note: FMS is located at the Stanford Redwood City campus. In response to COVID-19 and Shelter in Place requirements, Stanford University has decided that except when work can't be done remotely, all staff will continue to work from home (temporary remote). As of now this guidance is in place until the end of March 2021.
Provide executive level administrative and operational support with limited supervision. May be responsible for leading other administrative staff or subordinates.
- Provide executive support to the FMS Senior Leadership team, including the Senior Associate Vice President for Finance.
- Time and Calendar Management - scheduling, organizing and managing complicated schedules with internal and external participants.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit and university policies
- Support executive meetings as needed. Follow up and provide reminders for project deliverables and meeting materials on the behalf of your executive. Take meeting minutes and follow up on deliverables.
- Make recommendations for your executive(s) with regard to their time management, prioritization, delegation, and organization
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, reports, and/or websites
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Assist in resolving general administrative requests through the ServiceNow platform
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection
- Office management - track office supply inventory and order office supplies if needed, as well as ensuring office mail is delivered to the correct departments/individuals
- Act on behalf of the supervisor or department manager, in regard to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You are incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute.
- You are excellent with time management and able to multi-task, quickly shift tasks and prioritize work/requests as needed.
- You communicate, perform, and react well under pressure or ambiguity with strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are adept at handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence.
- You can anticipate and respond to the needs of others before they arise.
- You have an avid sense of curiosity, a desire to learn and a growth mindset
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87911
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS), Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency