Degree Audit Encoder, Registrar's Office
The Office of the Registrar, an administrative service center for the University of Denver community, takes an active role in assisting students and faculty with registration and advising by providing the tools needed to review academic progress, create class schedules and successfully register for classes. Specialized services include, but are not limited to:
- Register for classes
- Prompt transcript distribution
- Degree evaluation and certification
- Enrollment and degree verification
- Classroom scheduling
- Withdrawal processing
We provide pertinent information regarding academic policy, federal regulations, and procedures as related to the procurement, maintenance and release of educational records of our current and former students.
This position assists in all functions of the encoding of the Degree Audit System processing for the University. Encodes University and degree requirements, and provides support to the Degree Audit Specialist. Works with faculty and staff to ensure accuracy of data requirements and content, and participates in the development and enhancement of on-line applications. Assists in the resolution of degree audit encoding issues, and in the preparation of system training for the University community. This position is a one year term appointment.
This position will work remote until deemed safe to return to campus.
In addition to following the University of Denver's policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the implementation, documentation, and maintenance of the Degree Audit for the University.
- Participates in testing for the degree audit system.
- Participates in the definition and maintenance of the database structure and content for all of the academic requirements including University requirements, departmental requirements, and college requirements.
- Researches all academic program requirements to encode and maintain degree audit tables and program requirements in the Degree Audit system.
- Assists Degree Audit Specialist in working with academic advisors, colleges, departments, and University offices to insure accuracy of requirements and core curriculum data; assists in the resolution of degree audit issues for students, faculty and staff.
- Prepares appropriate materials to promote the degree audit system to the University community including training materials, handouts, reference guides, and forms.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to apply rule sets to complex information, using logic, analytical techniques and deductive reasoning.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to establish priorities.
- Experience training multiple constituencies.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of curriculum and academic program structures in a university setting.
- Working technical experience with on-line degree audit system.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse organizations.
- Experience in training multiple constituencies in a diverse organization.
- Bachelors degree.
- 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in the Essential Functions.
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner.
- Experience utilizing Ellucian Degree Works or other online Degree Audit System.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, December 11th, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.