Assistant Director, Facilities
Assistant Director, Facilities
Job Number: 87907
Assistant Director, Facilities
Job Code: 4372
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
This position oversees and manages the daily operations of various varsity facilities to include Ford Center, Burnham Pavilion, Cagan Stadium, and Beach Volleyball. This position is responsible for maintenance, budget oversight, safety/security and works closely with the varsity coaching staff. Additionally, this position supports game management for all varsity home competitions and special outside events. This is a 6-month, fixed-term position with the opportunity for renewal/extension pending department business needs. This is an essential, on-site reporting role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as facility operations and maintenance point of contact.
- Inspect facility for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues.
- Implement and update facility policies and procedures to include facility access, emergency action plans, standard operating procedures, cleanliness and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor status of work orders to ensure all repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with outside contractors to ensure work does not disrupt facility activities.
- Manage energy and water conservation.
- Ensure facility compliance with federal, state, and county public health and safety regulations.
- Implement facility security programs by developing procedures/practices, distributing keys, monitoring access points, assessing security infrastructure needs (security cameras, interlocks and alarms), and assessing/changing door access schedules.
- Coordinate communications services (telephony liaison, network administrator), provide updates/alerts/notifications to building occupants and oversee mailing services/shipping/delivery.
- Prepare and monitor budgets for assigned facilities.
- Coordinate the purchasing, inventory and maintenance of equipment related to the office spaces, mechanical rooms, and game day.
- Oversee additional facility support staff as needed.
- Work with coaches, vendors, and rental group representatives to ensure their needs are met.
- Support game day operations through event set-up/takedown and coordination with staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role (minimum requirements):
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and three years related, demonstrated facilities management experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills to analyze and track complex space, equipment and financial data.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, mature judgment when interacting with a broad range of people, including faculty/vendors/stakeholders/program areas, both individually and in groups.
- Ability to coordinate daily activities including scheduling multiple projects with competing priorities, measuring quality assurance, monitoring of maintenance activities, and supervision of personnel.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions and communicate those instructions.
- Working knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret policy.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of customer service.
- Background knowledge of safe handling and disposal of chemicals and hazardous waste; emergency preparedness plans and their implementation; and property administration specific to PO tracking, receiving, and inventory control.
Certifications and Licenses
- CPR, AED and First Aid or ability to obtain these certifications upon hiring
- Valid California Non-commercial Class Driver's License
- Frequently stand/walk, seated, performs desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally climb (ladders, scaffolds or other), twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, grasp forcefully, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh >40 pounds.
- Routine work during evenings and weekends and occasional extended hours.
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations.
- May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
- May work at heights 4 - 10 ft.
- Must comply with the California Vehicle Code and Stanford University requirements when operating university-owned vehicles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for assuring that his/her involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4372
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Requisition ID: 87907
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency