The Northern Marianas College is currently accepting applications for the position of President. The President of the Northern Marianas College serves as the chief executive officer for the Board of Regents and oversees a multi-campus college system located in three separate islands (Saipan, main campus; Rota Center and Tinian Center). The President will report to the Board of Regents and is expected to carry out the mission of the College:
The mission of the Northern Marianas College, through its commitment to student learning, provides high quality, affordable and accessible educational programs and services for the individual and people of the Commonwealth. The College serves as the engine to drive the economic growth and the social and cultural vitality of the Commonwealth.
- A Master's degree from a U.S. accredited university or foreign equivalent. A doctorate degree is preferred;
- At least seven (7) years of executive level management in an institution of higher education of which five (5) years are continuous, or a combination of at least seven (7) years of executive level management including, secondary and post-secondary education teaching experience;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, preferably in the Pacific region and in the Northern Mariana Islands;
- Substantiated experience in accreditation processes, personnel management, budget development and presentation, strategic planning and institutional assessment, fundraising, mediation, and team building; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal programs and grants application to higher education.
The salary for the position is $100,000 per annum plus benefits. Applications will be reviewed after the thirty-day announcement. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees are responsible for providing an official evaluation of their degrees to determine U.S.equivalency.
Applicants should include a curriculum vitae indicating their competences in Organizational Strategy, Resource Management, Communication, Collaboration, College Advocacy, and Professionalism; official transcripts; list of publications or scholarly research; three personal and three professional references (complete with name, title, address, phone/email contact);and four letters of professional recommendations specific to this position.
Applicants can submit completed application packages and documents electronically by submitting them to [email protected]. Applications can also be submitted by certified priority mail and must be received by the closing date of December 21, 2020 to:
Charles V. Cepeda
Chairperson, Presidential Search Committee
Northern Marianas College
Attention: Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 501250
Saipan, MP 96950