Director of Diabetes Management Certificate Program
Director of Diabetes Management Certificate Program
The Director of Diabetes Management Program is a faculty position responsible for program coordination, management, and outreach for the Diabetes Management Certificate programs within Benerd College and works closely with other program staff. This position reports directly to the Dean.
The Benerd College's continuing education and professional development sector offers educational opportunities, such as certificates, online courses, and degree completion for non-traditional students and working professionals. The school currently seeks a leader with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit to serve a vital role as we fulfill our vision to build the capacity of our public health systems and non-profit community health organizations. This entails educating, empowering, and preparing a pipeline of healthcare professionals for the local workforce who are specifically trained in diabetes management and education.
As diabetes has become an increasingly common health issue, there is a growing need for diabetes educators and disease management specialists to be able to provide patients and their families with the essential information and treatment they need to effectively manage their diabetes. Diabetes educators provide information to patients with pre-diabetes to diabetes to help ensure patients make informed decisions about prevention and managing their condition. Through this educational intervention, a new generation of healthcare professionals will have the skills and resources to combat this growing epidemic in the Stockton metropolitan area.
This collaborative and self-management approach is based on a strong foundation in multicultural health, which is appropriate for addressing the needs of diverse populations like those in the Central Valley of California, where diabetes is highly prevalent. Diabetes educators provide services in hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, patients' homes, and other settings. As of 2018, there were over 19,000 certified diabetes educators in the United States, 49% of whom were nurses. For every certified diabetes educator, there are an estimated 1,600 patients in need of services.
The Diabetes Management Certificate program will focus on innovative learning design, learning environments, and learning experiences in clinical settings. We hope to find a colleague who will help us move even further in creating the most transformational and impactful program possible and to develop a pipeline of health professionals specializing in diabetes in the Stockton metro area.
This is a grant-funded position with a one-year appointment, with the possibility of further employment after the one-year assignment pending further grant approval and funding. The appointment beyond the one-year threshold will include further development, coordination, promotion, and management of in-demand health education program opportunities for the School.
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of or potential for research, leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with students, colleagues, and stakeholders.
The incoming candidate will take an active role in community engagement efforts in the Stockton region with occasional travel to the Stockton campus and surrounding areas if needed
This position will play a key role in leading the launch and sustaining of the Diabetes Management Certificate by:
Ongoing assessment of program needs and course performance, utilizing course evaluations and student feedback to provide updates to course content if needed.
Distributes applicable program information to students.
Travels to other University campuses in Sacramento and San Francisco in support of programming.
• Three to five years of experience in program development, management, coordination and recruitment.
• Master’s or advanced degree in a healthcare discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience.
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a caring and rigorous educational environment
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively engage with colleagues in innovative program development and teaching
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and working with students from multicultural communities
• Demonstrated interest and experience in working in clinical partnership, as well as partnerships with schools, community groups, businesses, government agencies, and other organizations, as appropriate to the position
• Demonstrated successful in-person, hybrid, and/or online teaching or learning experience
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
• Possesses excellent customer service skills.
• Works well with faculty, students and community representatives.
• Have excellent communication, organizational and computer skills.
• Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated excellence in applied scholarly research or evidence-based practice
• Demonstrated success as a practitioner doing cutting-edge curriculum or training design work
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Please upload the following:
A letter of interest explaining
• How minimum and preferred qualifications are met
• Relevant experiences that have prepared you to lead this type of program
• How you prepare students to work in diverse communities and/or communities with equity challenges
• Curriculum Vitae
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18035
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency