Software Integration Developer
This is an on-site position at our Bangor, ME campus. Provides technical support in creating, testing and maintaining database applications, tools and reports, and web portals/web applications.
- Creates scripts, stored procedures and related programming for data conversion, integration, and utility applications
- Develops web and custom utility software to support data integrations and/or transformations
- Works with data users to define, document and complete database projects and reporting requests
- Assists with ongoing administrative needs of Husson's database systems, including backup and recovery, performance and problem diagnosis and resolution
- Aids the Application Development Manager in conducting needs analysis for the development of new system and the modification of existing systems
- Assists in planning and implementing data integration and data migration activities.
- Provides assistance to users with database-related issues or problems as necessary
- Maintains accurate and complete programming documentation
- Creates and maintains reports using products such as SQL Server Reporting Services and Crystal Reports
- Helps to research and implement new database and online technology
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of experience in database design and management in a complex environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Must have demonstrable expertise and knowledge of:
- Database structure and design principles using best practices
- Software development using .NET and .NET Core as it applies to MVC, console application, and Blazor applications
- Web service creation and consumption
- Source control systems such as Azure DevOps, TFS, or Git
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic network protocols, applications and standards
- Word processor and spreadsheet software
- Standards and best practices related to secure handling of confidential and restricted data
- Planning and organizing work
- Meeting schedules and deadlines
- Preparing reports for administration
- Establishing & maintaining cooperative, effective working relationships with others
- Communicating effectively, both written and orally; using interpersonal skills requiring tact, patience, courtesy and a customer service orientation
- Working independently with minimal direction.