Assistant Director of Marketing Services
The Assistant Director of Marketing Services will work independently as well as with others to develop and implement marketing materials, presentations, email templates, digital campaigns, social media and photography for both internal and external audiences that elevates awareness, perception, influence, engagement and support of the University. The core function of this position is the conceptualization, layout and design of print marketing materials and online advertising and email campaigns. A high level of design and technical skill with Adobe Creative Suite is essential to the success of this person. This position requires creativity, critical thinking skills, knowledge of design software and the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is confident, calm under pressure, self-motivated, enjoys working with a team and open to feedback from many sources. This position will report to the Executive Director of Marketing, and serves an important role within the marketing team.
Assist the Executive Director of Marketing in developing and designing marketing materials and digital campaigns that advance key messages and the image of the university to both internal and external constituents. The Assistant Director of Marketing Services must also be able to work constructively and collaborate with a variety of team leaders across different University departments.
Essential duties and skills include:
• Ability to work independently within a project management system and possess strong project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a small, close-knit team and multiple key stakeholders and work independently in the creation/production/design of print, digital, video, web, social, environmental, presentations and email.
• Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with Adobe Animate or other HTML5 animation software given preference.
• Ability to conceptualize, develop and design a wide range of innovative materials for various departments for both print and online that communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrate a high level of knowledge and commitment to design, marketing/design strategies and brand alignment as well as an ability to apply visual themes as part of the development and design process so that materials look like they all belong to the same organization.
• A capacity to work well with coworkers and clients in the creation of materials and implementation of design strategies.
• Provide customer service to Husson University clients. Specifically, responsible for planning projects and securing vendor quotes, communicating recommendations and providing progress updates.
• Ability effectively communicate ideas and contribute to the marketing process.
• Ability to assist department team members with the University's social media strategy and management, with a focus on ensuring sound brand execution.
• Ability to assist with oversight and updating of third-party web-based platforms that the University engages with for the benefit of recruiting and engaging with prospective students.
• Other projects or responsibilities that may be assigned.
Desirable skills include:
Social media strategy and best practices
Web Content Management systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
• An innovative and resourceful marketing/design professional who can find effective, creative solutions that deliver results with limited resources.
• Proven experience in design. A portfolio of work will be required from all applicants who are selected for interviews.
• Strong project management, time management and execution skills.
• Energetic, adept, and engaging.
• A collaborative team player.
• A creative thinker who has the ability to look at problems or situations from a fresh perspective.
• An advanced knowledge of design software is required; experience in social media marketing is a plus; knowledge of videography and editing software capabilities is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, multimedia or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three years of experience working in marketing/communications field is required. Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be proficient with the full range of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office software and Google products. Attention to detail, good judgment, and mature decision-making abilities are required.