Announcer (part-time/on call)
Location: St. Louis
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 35007
Hiring Department KWMU | St. Louis Public Radio ResponsibilitiesBASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
- To act as a broadcast announcer for St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU.
- Announce information on-air during breaks in programming to include: weather reports and timely emergency alerts, identify stations by giving call letters and frequency, program and station event promos, and read underwriting copy at specified times during broadcast or record underwriting copy for future use.
- Operate broadcast console, EAS (Emergency Broadcast) equipment & related production work.
- Participate in station development and promotional functions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical knowledge of the job and of related procedures and policies, in order to provide high quality support to the department and its customers.
- Begin assignments without prompting, maintain productivity in both quantity and quality of work, and appropriately plan, organize, and prioritize work, in order to maximize the resource utilization of the department.
- Independently contribute ideas and process improvements, and look for creative solutions and better ways of doing things, in order to meet goals of continuous improvement.
- Identify, analyze and address problems in order to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes the negative impact on the organization.
- Make appropriate, timely, and effective decisions, in order to support the work of the department.
- Adapt to new work situations, people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
- Build successful relationships with customers, co-workers, and administrators. Communicate and work effectively as a team member, in order to maximize the effectiveness of the work group.
- Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges.
- Understand and abide by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Work successfully with diverse others and uphold the University’s commitment to equal employment opportunity affirmative action, in order to help the organization realize its commitment to excellence through diversity.
November 27, 2020 Application Instructions
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about about the application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email [email protected].
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: