Admissions Counselor II
Job location: Killeen TAMUCT
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-20
Job TitleAdmissions Counselor IIAgencyTexas A&M University - Central TexasDepartmentEnrollment ManagementProposed Minimum Salary$2,964.00 monthlyJob LocationKilleen, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Admissions Counselor II, under general supervision, identifies, recruits, and contributes to increasing the population of admitted, enrolled, and underrepresented students. Serves as a mentor to less experienced advisors, coordinates travel schedules and assignments, and develops recruiting plans.
- Provide front-line customer service to all prospective, applicant, and admitted students in regard to the acceptance of transfer credit, residency requirements, application status, admission standards and enrollment processes. This includes providing general guidance related to orientation, advising, financial aid, military and Veteran education benefits, and course registration.
- Represent A&M-Central Texas at college fairs, high schools, community college transfer events, and other on and off campus recruitment events.
- Identify, recruit, and contribute to increasing the population of admitted, enrolled, and underrepresented students through effective execution of recruitment strategies and exemplary customer service.
- Work directly with students to resolve extenuating circumstances, complaints, and admissions denials.
- Develop working relationships with representatives from institutional departments and the community to promote awareness of A&M-Central Texas and program offerings.
- Work with department leadership to propose, organize, implement, and report on activities, programs, publications, and other departmental activities to promote effective and efficient operations.
- Maintain high level working knowledge of TAMUS institutions and detailed knowledge of institutional programs and services.
Hours: M-F 8-5, Occasional Evening and Weekends
Education – Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience – One year of related experience.
Knowledge of – Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Knowledge of admissions functions of higher education.
Ability to – Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements –
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Texas A&M University Central Texas does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its education programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.