Director of Online Program Partnerships
DescriptionIt is a transformational time at the University of Colorado as CU continuously strengthens its reputation as driver of innovation, with digital education playing a key role in the future of the university. The Office of Digital Education reports to the President of the University of Colorado System and was created in early 2018 to accelerate the growth of CU Online and digital education initiatives more broadly. The investment by the four campuses in online, combined with recent commitments by the University of Colorado Board of Regents, make this a rare and exciting opportunity.Position Summary
The Director, Online Program Partnerships is responsible for leading the Office of Digital Education’s (ODE) partnerships and relationship strategy with the University of Colorado’s (CU) four campuses (Boulder, Denver, Anschutz, and Colorado Springs). This extends to the identification of promising new program opportunities, development of business cases for program investment, and corresponding partnership agreements. This role also serves as the main point of contact between the Office of Digital Education and the online program academic and administrative liaisons at each campus by supporting the ongoing growth and success of partner programs. In order to ensure successful management across a wide range of online programs, the incumbent in this position is required to have experience in complex relationship management and online program operations. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Online Learning and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff System. Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Identifies program investment opportunities based on comprehensive market research and, in concert with ODE leadership, develops program engagement recommendations and corresponding partnership strategies.
- In collaboration with faculty and academic program leadership, develops and is responsible for program success and relationship plans to ensure successful alignment and achievement of the program’s financial and enrollment goals.
- Supports the strategic development of comprehensive online program portfolio management.
- Collaborates with faculty, program administrators, University central services, marketing, recruitment, instructional design and course development, Office of Information Technology, and other departments on programmatic optimizations including processes and program structure requirements.
- Responsible for executing and securing new online program partnership agreements in collaboration with the campuses and ODE.
- Leads post-implementation and existing relationships as a central point of contact for all services provided by the Office of Digital Education.
- Provides feedback on existing operational infrastructure to support models for strategic growth and scalability.
- Exemplifies effective stakeholder management and develops correlating management plans to support stakeholders needs and expectations.
- Identifies risks and issues and works with the necessary stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies and tactics.
- Leads and facilitates regular reporting needs with identified stakeholders within the various divisions and schools/colleges.
- Responsible for tracking the online programmatic management plan against baseline enrollment goals and financial targets to ensure delivery of ODE services and specific agreements with schools/colleges.
- Works closely with the project management team within ODE to ensure a seamless transition post implementation/project closure and to also prioritize post initial implementation project needs.
- Participates in on-going training and development, and supports additional departmental and university priorities and strategic initiatives as they arise
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of comprehensive online program management, specifically within the following functions: Digital Marketing, Recruitment Services, Admissions, Student Success, Instructional Design, Program Development and Evaluation.
- Knowledge of, and ability to complete, financial analysis activities, including performance analysis, profit and loss (P&L) statements, and common size views.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to examine and summarize data and trends in order to resolve issues and produce results.
- Critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify problems, questions, and assumptions; establish significance; and understand logical connections between ideas.
- Oral, written, and listening communication skills, including the ability to accurately interpret what others are saying and convey messages, information, concepts, and details accurately and clearly.
- Collaboration skills, including the ability to work with others from different areas and backgrounds to reach a common goal.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate interaction, communication, and teamwork between others.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to set and meet goals and deadlines, manage appointments, create schedules, coordinate and facilitate meetings, and make decisions.
- Proven ability to manage high value partnerships successfully and under various constraints.
- Expert ability to manage accounts and complex relationships, including the ability to utilize a consultative partnership development approach.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and foster positive working relationships at all levels of the organization, including key faculty and administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or equivalent professional experience (professional experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis)
- Five (5) years of professional non-sales account management experience
- One (1) year of experience in a team lead or supervisory role, which may include assigning and reviewing the work of others, providing guidance to internal and external team members, and/or assisting management with performance reviews
- Bachelor’s or post-baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the field of business, higher education, communications, psychology, learning technologies, or other applicable degree program
- Seven (7) years of professional non-sales account management experience, which includes:
- Experience that demonstrates responsibility for driving enrollment and performance of programs
- Two (2) years’ experience in a team lead or supervisory role, as indicated above
- Experience working with or in higher education
- Project management experience as a project lead is strongly preferred
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Nov 20, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing