SENIOR STUDENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST #00077789
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34982
Hiring Department Office of Global Learning Application DeadlineOpen until filled Full Time/Part TimeFull Time, Benefit Eligible Salary$16.92 - $18.75/hourJob DescriptionThe Senior Student Support Specialist is responsible for the coordination and planning of events that are administered through Global Learning Professional and Continuing Education Office (PCE) from inception through actual presentation. The overall success of this position is measured in part by the number of events and revenue generated, impacts the strategic planning of the Global Learning division. The Senior Student Support Specialist reports to the Manager, Student Support Services for Global Learning. The incumbent will collaborate with internal and external constituents, including faculty and staff on campus, at extended site locations, and within the University of Missouri System. Responsibilities
- Prepare estimated budgets with anticipated revenue/expense, market strategy and provisions; establish fees for multiple events presented both off-site and on-campus
- Identify, negotiate and secure appropriate venue and space both off-site and on-campus
- Responsible for seminars, short courses, faculty-led for-credit courses, summer camps and PK-12 college engagement
- Coordinate requirements of individual events (i.e. advertising, print/electronic), web content, acquisition of materials/equipment, signage, participant materials, packing/shipping, etc.
- Monitor ongoing revenue and expense activity as it compares to budget planning adjusting event details as required
- Recruit volunteers as needed, assign and supervise duties
- Coordinate development of marketing materials, identify relevant audiences, and produce mail and electronic communications
- Responsible for event setup, provisions for speakers, presentation requirements, participant, and audio/visual equipment and platforms including Zoom, Panapto, Canvas, Kaltura and other software delivery tools
- Participate in student and program recruitment campaigns including “cold calling” of new leads for programs and events
- Participate in ongoing market research and professional development for new topics, audience groups or program opportunities
- Monitor and respond to emails from students, prospective students, academic and administrative departments, and other internal and external constituents related to student support and the event
- Create and maintain databases related to community events, corporate partnerships and professional development
- Must be able to work in a team environment. Collaborate closely with Global Learning team members to clarify needs/concerns/issues on projects
- Update web pages, websites and other web-based materials to be used in non-credit program offerings
- Update and maintain documentation on policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance and adherence to university and system policies related to student communication and interactions
- Occasional travel required for off-site events and to the STL Global location in St. Louis, Missouri, for event location selection, event preparation and support, meetings, trainings and other special department events
- Non-standard hours are required during and leading up to an event, including some weekend, depending on actual event requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned including serving as global/PCE liaison for the new Kummer Institute
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the relative areas of business, marketing, communications, public relations, and education
- Minimum of 3 years in positions with relative responsibility (i.e. continuing education, event planning, recruitment, marketing)
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) is highly desired
- Certified Program Planner (CPP) is highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Zoom, Panapto, Canvas, Kaltura and/or other software delivery tools
- Experience with social media platforms and website business tools (i.e. T4, WordPress)
- Strong organizational, analytical, and data analysis skills
- Possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Display problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: