Certified Medical Assistant, Integrative Health
Job location: FAU Medicine Primary Care Practice
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-20
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
The FAU Medicine Institute of Integrative Health is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant in Boca Raton, FL.
In accordance with all applicable federal and state regulations, as well as Integrative Health practice’s protocols, the Certified Medical Assistant works closely with and as specifically directed by the Physician, Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner (“Provider”) to facilitate in a safe, respectful and friendly fashion, the examination and care of patients.
For more information on the FAU Medicine’s Institute of Integrative Health, please visit: http://www.faumedicine.org/
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Verifying each patient’s identity against all records and reports to be reviewed and documented during the visit.
- Documenting a brief narrative outlining the patient’s reason for the visit.
- Documenting and verifying each patient’s current medications and known allergies to be reviewed by the Integrative Health Provider during the visit.
- Taking and charting the patient’s vital signs in accordance with established practices.
- Tracking and relaying to patients, as directed by the Integrative Health Provider, the results of labs and diagnostic studies.
- Ensuring at all times the order and cleanliness of each examination room and laboratory facilities.
- Performing venipunctures and preparing specimens for transport to outside laboratories; performing waived laboratory testing as ordered by the Integrative Health Provider and recording in an accurate fashion in patient’s charts.
- Administering injections, electrocardiograms, etc., as ordered by the Integrative Health Provider and recording in an accurate fashion in patient’s charts the delivery of such services.
- Performing routine inventories and replenishing medical supplies and disposables maintained in each examination room and laboratory in accordance with established levels.
- Sending medication orders to pharmacies as ordered by the Integrative Health Provider.
- Covering, as directed, the responsibilities of other staff who are absent, on leave, or away on meal breaks.
- Checking in patients and assisting with patient scheduling.
- Answering phones and triaging calls.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Certification as a medical assistant is required (CMA or RMA certification).
Experience in a clinical or medical office setting required.
Exceptional ability to develop positive professional and business relationships with patients, co-workers and Providers required.
Proficient technical competencies, attention to detail, and ability to follow up in a timely manner required.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy in entering patient data, maintaining medical records, communicating with patients, giving injections and administering related medical procedures, and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis required.
Familiar with the preparation and entering of data into electronic medical records required.
Excellent customer service, organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills required.Salary:$15.48 - $19.00 per hourCollege or Department:College of MedicineLocation:FAU Medicine Primary Care PracticeWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., with some evenings and weekends as needed. Schedule will vary based upon Integrative Health practice hours.Application Deadline: 2020-12-06-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans, spouses of eligible veterans, and certain family members of eligible veterans, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 295.07. Please submit your DD214 (Member 4 preferred) showing your dates and character of service with your application as an attachment or fax to 561-297-3915 or scan and email to [email protected], prior to the closing date of the position. If faxing your DD214, please also send an email to [email protected] to notify us that the form was faxed, make sure the email includes your name and the REQ# of the job that was applied to.
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This position is funded with recurring grant funds with an expiration date on June 30, 2021. Renewal of funding is anticipated; however, not guaranteed.