Student Assistant - ACE Center (Math Tutor), #31126
Location: Cottleville, MO, USA
Pay Rate: $9.45
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Student
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking part-time Student Assistants who will tutor students taking Math courses at SCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- The student assistant should be able to assist any student up through college algebra; those who can help students with trigonometry, calculus, and/or statistics are needed. Other duties may include helping students with study skills, technology, and time management.Must be able to work independently and as a team member. Commitment to your work schedule is crucial.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be a current student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Math tutors must have taken College Algebra or higher-level math at SCC and received a grade of "B" or better.
- Must have a referral form completed by an SCC math faculty member. This form can be acquired from the ACE Tutoring Center.
- Must attend a mandatory orientation and training sessions.