Enrollment Management Specialist (OPS)
Job location: Technology and Admissions Center
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-20
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Enrollment Management Specialist (OPS)
Job Description Summary
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as the Enrollment Management Specialist (OPS).
The Enrollment Management Specialist is a part time data entry, call coordinator, email manager in the Office of Enrollment Management. The incumbent will support the efforts of both the undergraduate and graduate enrollment team in their efforts to recruit and assist prospective students through the application and admission process. As Project Manager you will work with the team to be responsible for the design, planning, creation, organization, execution and completion of specific projects. This includes setting deadlines, communicating with company executives about the state of the project, ensuring projects stay on track and on budget, and adjusting if necessary, to meet new requirements.
- Track new student applications as they come in. Begins immediate email and phone coordination where appropriate as well as the development and planning of text correspondence with applicants to monitor and track students in terms of their application.
- Maintain organized records of all communication with prospective students.
- Assist in the collection and receipt of required admission documents, providing those documents to the appropriate manager in the Office of Admissions for review.
- Maintains current knowledge of admission procedures for all student types, including First Time in College, Transfer, Second Bachelor’s Degree, and Graduate.
- Receive initial inquiries (calls, emails, text messages, web forms) and communicate fundamental processes to students, track, document and generate reports to staff.
- Assist in coordination, planning and data of tours for groups who visit campus.
- Review and follow compliance with institutional, federal, and state rules, regulations, and procedures; Complies with all State and University policies.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Interest in learning about university, state, and federal regulations related to the admission of all student types.
- Ability to track and organize all communication.
- Ability to maintain the security of student records.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to provide superlative student experience.
- General knowledge of the federal immigration policies related to student visa types.
- High school diploma or equivalent and six years of appropriate experience; OR Associates degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Application Process: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
• List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
Required licenses, certifications, and/or other specific requirements of law:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
Normal Work Schedule: This position is 10-months, part-time, OPS. The normal work schedule will not exceed 29 hours per week; the weekly schedule to be set upon hire.
Target hourly rate $15.00/ hr.
Application Deadline: The position is open until filled, however review of applications will commence immediately.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.