Maintenance Repair Specialist I
Maintenance Repair Specialist I
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform most repair and maintenance activities independently.
- The Maintenance Repair Specialist 1 will perform a variety of skilled work in order to repair, construct, and/or maintain buildings, grounds and equipment.
- The position will be assigned to facilities, academic learning centers and/or campuses having varied building and mechanical systems, equipment, and structures.
- The incumbent shall have knowledge of safety hazards and safe working procedures; standard practices, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the building and mechanical trades as related to the maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Demonstrate safe and proper use/operation of College assets up to and including tools, carts, State vehicles, etc.
- Consistently safeguard and maintain all tools and equipment utilized in the performance of regular job duties.
- Ensure no tools are lost or misplaced and any tools assigned or checked out are maintained in good working order.
- Maintain equipment maintenance, facility records, and prepare reports as needed. Perform related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General knowledge of agency policies and procedures pertaining to facility operations.
- The majority of skilled maintenance and repair work is performed in-house. This is the journey level in the series.
- Perform skilled plumbing work to maintain, repair, and modify plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Perform skilled carpentry work to construct, maintain, repair, and modify facilities.
- Perform skilled painting work; prepare surfaces and apply paint with brushes and airless spray equipment; apply wall coverings.
- Perform skilled electrical work installing wiring, fixtures, and equipment in accordance with code requirements.
- Review structures, equipment, and systems; establish priority; coordinate work; comply with specifications and code requirements.
- Stay current with technology; Consistently safeguard and maintain all tools and equipment utilized in the performance of regular job duties allocate resources efficiently
OTHER ASSOCIATED FACTORS:
- Work a minimum of 8 hours a day, occasional overtime.
- Prepare written work orders, requisition supplies, and prepare specifications; read and interpret repair orders, service manuals, and building codes.
- Do repetitive lifting of equipment and fixtures +50 lbs.
- Bend over or lay on the floor working for moderate to long durations of time.
- Safely operating and maintaining hand and power tools used in the building and mechanical trades
- Must be able to work on ladders and roofs.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, on-call, and overtime.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to travel to other campuses when required.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience under the supervision of journey-level tradespersons in two or more of the major building or mechanical trades which included responsibility for performing a variety of repair and maintenance activities, laying out jobs, and ordering materials; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse and multicultural workforce.
- Ability to master new software applications.
- Must be accurate and detailed oriented
Grade 30, Step 1 - Grade 30, Step 10
$41,572.08 - $61,011.36
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Maintenance-Repair-Specialist-I_R0116750
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency