Program Manager, Business and Management Programs (4169U) - 12965
Program Manager, Business and Management Programs (4169U) - 12965 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 3, 2020
UC Berkeley Extension, the continuing education division of the University of California, Berkeley, has been building bridges between UC Berkeley and the public since 1891. UC Berkeley Extension serves the professional and continuing education goals of thousands of people each year. Extension's programs are an essential part of the University mission to: extend the research and scholarship of UC Berkeley to a global community; increase access to higher education for non-traditional, online and international students; and improve the workforce.
- Establishes evaluation criteria for measuring outcomes and impact.
- Manages academic quality assurance and improvement processes as defined by academic leadership, including managing the implementation of standards for course preparation, assessment, and evaluation.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, manages with Lead Instructors regular meetings with advisory committees, program instructors, for ongoing discussion of quality improvement.
- Manages resolution process for academic issues with instructors, students, and partners.
- Manages student conduct processes in collaboration with colleagues from academic and administrative departments.
- Provides regular reports on results to the Program Director.
- Uses considerable discretion to determine methods and procedures for assessing current and new course offering and topics.
- Under the guidance of Assistant Dean for Professional Programs, collaborates closely with program directors and program managers in the department to ensure standardization of quality and administration processes across programs.
- Works with Program Director, Assistant Dean and Lead Instructors to plan and develop programs and curriculum, and updates or adjusts existing courses and curriculum as needed.
- Collaborates with Marketing to communicate programmatic changes.
- Evaluates prospective program partnerships.
- Recruits, and onboards qualified instructors.
- Under the guidance of the Program Director, evaluates and supervises instructors, and works closely with Lead Instructors, Assistant Dean and Academic Advisory Boards to ensure excellence in all areas of instruction across programs.
- Prepares and reconciles program budgets).
- Provides regular reports and projections to senior leadership in the department.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, evaluates and adjusts course curriculum through student course and outcome evaluations and levels of interest shown.
- Conducts and/or attends regular student and instructor meetings, and information sessions, and solicits feedback to resolve problems and improve curricula and delivery of courses.
- Collaborate with Admissions Services, Student Services Marketing and Career Services to provide excellent student support through advising and optimization of student communication and information sharing.
- Manage program team of Coordinators, Specialists and Student Advisors to provide timely resolution of student and instructor inquiries, concerns and grievances.
- Works with the Program Director for continuous quality process improvement.
- Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of subject
- Experience managing academic programs
- Experience assessing the quality of academic programs and managing process improvement efforts
- Experience managing a portfolio of academic or professional training courses
- Experience planning and managing events
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and cross-cultural communications skills sufficient to represent the university in meetings with leaders and senior-level representatives of other organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Continuing education in related field required and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Preferred experience working in higher or continuing education.
- Preferred 3 or more years international work experience.
- Preferred 5 or more years' experience working in higher education administration or academic program management progressively taking on greater responsibilities.
- Preferred experience working in higher education with international students.
- MBA or Master in Management and/or equivalent experience/training preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a renewable annual contracted position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=12965&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency