LFCE/ROC Teacher Education - Student Worker (2020/2021)
LFCE/ROC Teacher Education - Student Worker (2020/2021)Student Position Type:
Federal Work StudyAppointment Type:
This position will work approximately 8 hours per week.
This position will work remotely.Hiring Manager:
Joy SpringerJob Description Summary:
The Teacher Education Department’s student worker supports fieldwork efforts for ROC Teacher Education programs, including multiple subject, single subject and inclusive education credentials. He/she/they is/are detailed oriented and self-motivated, completing both short-term and long-term tasks in a timely manner. The student worker will have frequent contact with student files, requiring technological aptitude and respect of FERPA guidelines.
This position will serve the VCC, Newhall, High Desert and KCC campuses.Specific Duties:
• Data entry into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet; database, etc.
• Creation and maintenance of student fieldwork files via the university share drive
• Collect and file syllabi from ROC TE courses
• Monitor program email box
• Correspond with school sites, supervisors and cooperating teachers as appropriate
• Support the Student Teacher application process
• Completes other projects as assignedMinimum Qualifications:
• Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
• Learn new skills as necessary.
• Comfortably operate Microsoft Office software.
• Support students, faculty, and administration in a positive professional manner.
• Exhibit excellent communication skills, attention to details, and be solution oriented.
• Uphold FERPA and other confidential matters.
• Ability to work approximately 8 hours per weekBenefits Summary:
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
OtherIf Other, please specify.:
20190863SESpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This position is only available for federal work study eligible students. This position will work remotely.Open Date:
12/31/2020Open Until Filled: