Fellowship and Administrative Coordinator
Fellowship and Administrative Coordinator
Job Number: 87885
The Center for Biomedical Ethics (SCBE) in the School of Medicine is dedicated to interdisciplinary research and education in biomedical ethics, and provides clinical and research ethics consultation. SCBE also serves as a scholarly resource on emerging ethical issues raised by medicine and biomedical research.
SCBE is seeking a 75% effort Fellowship and Administrative Coordinator to work with Center faculty and staff on a variety of tasks in support of this important clinical and research work. The coordinator will have the ability to handle a wide variety of academic related tasks in a dynamic environment with frequently shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
Position specific duties include:
- Ethics Consult Coordination: Design, build and maintain databases for clinical and research ethics consultations.
- T32 Grant Administration: Process appointments, reappointment, terminations and other actions through the Stanford Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) and through NIH via ERA Commons.
- Clinical Ethics Fellowship Program Coordination: Assist in appointing and onboarding new fellows through the Graduate Medical Education office (GME). Develop, distribute and update the fellowship rotation, vacation and leave schedules in MedHub.
- General administrative support for SCBE.
Stanford Administrative Associate duties include:
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* Other duties may also be assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in an academic setting.
- Experience administrating postdoctoral and or fellowship programs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Associate degree and four years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated experience applying and interpreting human resources policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing programs and/or projects.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow through with projects and assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to independently draft effective correspondence and documentation.
- Demonstrated strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be skilled in human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems. Experience using email and internet.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform desk-based computer tasks, and use a telephone.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds, sort/file paperwork.
- Rarely kneel/crawl, operate foot and/or hand controls.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Travel on campus to schools/units, out of town.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87885
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency