University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus seeks hospitalists at the Instructor level to join our vibrant hospitalist group practicing and teaching Hospital Medicine in 1-year intensive faculty development program. The participants of this program will work part-time as hospital medicine faculty, attending on resident and advanced practice provider teaching services. The remainder of time is dedicated to the advancement of skills in reasoning, critical appraisal, and Point-of-Care ultrasonography (POCUS).The overall goals and objectives for this program are:
- Develop expertise in POCUS under guided mentorship.
- Build advanced clinical decision-making skills, founded in biostatistics and evidence-based medicine.
- Enhance critical appraisal skills and develop expertise in nuanced interpretation of variety of study designs such as observational study, randomized clinical trial, adaptive randomizations, Bayesian analysis of randomized trials, conventional meta-analysis, meta-regression, and network meta-analysis.
- Develop as an educator by taking an active teaching role in POCUS and EBM curriculums for internal medicine residency program and for hospital medicine faculty development.
- (optional) Build specific skills pertinent to hospital medicine practice, such as quality and patient safety, addiction medicine, clinical operations, and leadership.
- Apply advanced clinical decision-making and bedside ultrasonography skills to patient care under guided mentorship.
- Develop an area of interest, and produce a scholarship in that area by the end of the academic year (curriculum development for students or faculty is a form of scholarship).
- Must be an MD/DOCompletion of 3-year ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency program (or other programs that involve training in internal medicine, such as Medicine/Pediatrics joint residency)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 19, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing