University of Colorado – School of Medicine
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus seeks hospitalists at the Instructor level to join our vibrant hospitalist group practicing and teaching Hospital Medicine in 1-year intensive faculty development program. The participants of this program will work part-time as hospital medicine faculty, attending on resident and advanced practice provider teaching services. The remainder of time is dedicated to the advancement of skills in reasoning, critical appraisal, and Point-of-Care ultrasonography (POCUS).The overall goals and objectives for this program are:
Salary and Benefits:
- Develop expertise in POCUS under guided mentorship.
- Build advanced clinical decision-making skills, founded in biostatistics and evidence-based medicine.
- Enhance critical appraisal skills and develop expertise in nuanced interpretation of variety of study designs such as observational study, randomized clinical trial, adaptive randomizations, Bayesian analysis of randomized trials, conventional meta-analysis, meta-regression, and network meta-analysis.
- Develop as an educator by taking an active teaching role in POCUS and EBM curriculums for internal medicine residency program and for hospital medicine faculty development.
- (optional) Build specific skills pertinent to hospital medicine practice, such as quality and patient safety, addiction medicine, clinical operations, and leadership.
- Apply advanced clinical decision-making and bedside ultrasonography skills to patient care under guided mentorship.
- Develop an area of interest, and produce a scholarship in that area by the end of the academic year (curriculum development for students or faculty is a form of scholarship).
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $67,434 to $90,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Must be an MD/DOCompletion of 3-year ACGME-accredited internal medicine residency program (or other programs that involve training in internal medicine, such as Medicine/Pediatrics joint residency)Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
Mar 2, 2021Unposting Date: