Job no: 506638
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Computer Science
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade range
Applications Open: Nov 19 2020
General Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the department head or designee, the Biostatistician II will assist in the planning, design, review, programming and implementation of special information systems activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Data Science
- 1+ years in public health/healthcare research
- Proficient in programming using SAS, SAS/SQL, Stata MP, R
- Knowledge of web-based database construction (e.g., REDCap)
- Strong communication skills, both the oral and written necessary to interact with state and national counterparts, internal and external senior management, project team members and study participants
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Experience in working with government health agencies
- Knowledge of BIG health data including Health Insurance Claims, and electronic medical records
- Experience in assisting investigators with preparation of peer-reviewed publications or reports
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding. The initial appointment will be up to one year with a possibility of renewal based on productivity, successful performance and the availability of funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.