Job no: 506639
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Computer Science
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade
Applications Open: Nov 19 2020
General Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Professor/Principal Investigator, the Biostatistician III is responsible for the planning, design, review, programming and implementation of special information systems activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- MS in Biostatistics, GIS or Data Science
- 5+ years in public health research
- Proficient in programming using ArcGIS, REDCap, Stata MP, SAS, and R
- Expertise in geocoding using ArcGIS, US Census and Google Maps
- Significant working experience in Enterprise SAS SQL
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, necessary to interact with investigators, internal and external collaborators and team members
- Experiences in analysis of state government public health database, knowledge of state case-mix and All Payer Claims Databases, Medicare/Medicaid data, and Electronic Health Records
- Experience in assisting investigators and government officials with preparation of peer-reviewed publications or reports
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Experience in working with government health agencies
- Working experiences in health care settings, knowledge of clinical operations and laboratory tests
- Significant working experience in BIG health data including Insurance Claims Databases, and electronic medical records
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only current UML Employees within the Grants & Contracts (MTA/GRACE) bargaining unit will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; however, the posting may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.