Business Manager II
DescriptionJoin the Perimeter College family and become part of Georgia State University’s national leadership in innovation and academic success of its diverse populations. As the two-year college of Georgia State University, Perimeter College is metro Atlanta’s gateway to higher education and ranked by The Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the nation’s top 20 two-year colleges for student success. At Perimeter College we emphasize work-life balance. With competitive pay and excellent benefits, including paid leave time, employee tuition assistance program, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance coverage, 403(b) and pension plans, Perimeter College could be the place for you!
The successful Perimeter College Business Manager II candidate is passionate about their work while having fun. Additionally, the individual is someone well organized who can handle multiple priorities and make it happen! Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Budget management across all funding sources
- Maintaining purchasing cards
- Ensuring lab materials and equipment are purchased in a timely manner
- Ensuring new hires and terminations are processed timely
- Managing the lab capital equipment inventory
- Budget management responsibility for:
- Lab fees budget of $500,000 annually
- Foundation project accounts totaling $44,500
- State funds of 4.6 million dollars for Life and Earth Science.
- Future budget management over Physical Science of 4 million dollars
- Growth in Foundation funding and growth in sponsored funding for the division will be considered as the finance organization evolves to respond to growth and strategic demands.
- Prepare accurate budget projections and budget to actuals reports which are presented and reviewed with the Chair and roll up to the overall budget reporting for the College.
- Ensure the appropriate funding sources are utilized for expenditures, ensure that purchasing card expenses are appropriate and within State and University policy, and ensure timely resolution of issues that may arise.
- Responsible for the clearance process and ensuring off campus agreements for technology use in place for the discipline.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of administrative experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business UnitOpen until filled
College/Business Unit: Perimeter College
Location: Decatur Campus
Job Posting: 11/18/20, 11:37:08 AM