DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Staff Accountant
Job ID 3978
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
The Accountant is responsible, under supervision, for reporting, analyzing, and interpreting accounting information. The Accountant is also responsible for ensuring compliance with GAAP accounting and general internal control. Reporting requirements include provision of accurate, timely and complete data and financial reporting using the PeopleSoft system. The individual is also responsible for producing year-end audit work papers and monthly and annual analysis for the assigned Statement of Activity and Balance Sheet accounts. The position works with the development and enforcement of selected University financial policies and procedures, participates in People Soft patch testing and upgrades, and helps identify areas for process improvements. The position has frequent contact with multiple departments throughout the university.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Performs monthly and year-end analyses, reconciliations, and financial reporting for assigned accounts.
- Develops and maintains ad hoc and routine reports for use by budget managers and executives of the University.
- Develops and documents policies and procedures.
- Documents PeopleSoft system and supporting work processes and leads teams to implement improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in Accounting, Audit, or Finance.
- PeopleSoft or other ERP experience.
- Dollar Amount - This position is responsible for reconciliations, processes, and procedures on accounts totaling over $150 million in assets.
- Contacts - This position independently provides guidance on GAAP and compliance on policies and procedures to individuals at various levels throughout the university.
- Payments - This position is authorized to review and approve university wide payment requests.
- Information - This position requires access to information that is considered confidential. This may include employee, student, or university information.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: