Administrative Manager - Housekeeping & Facilities #30330
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
SCC seeks a full-time Administrative Manager Housekeeping & Facilities to assist with facilities project management, performs administrative functions under the direction of the Executive Director of Public Safety & Facilities and the Associate Director of Facilities and provides supervision to the Housekeeping Department and facilities office assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises personnel and distributes work for Facilities Office Assistants, which includes the Copy Center and Mail Room. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the College's policies and applicable laws. Assigns and directs work, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Supervises and performs the following duties when needed in the Copy Center: able to operate high-volume copiers; coordinate large copy demands; monitor copyright; copy center billing done on a monthly basis; maintenance of equipment; ordering stock and supplies (paper, toner, etc.); copy requests and resolve problems as needed.
- Supervises and performs the following duties when needed in the Mail Room: campus wide delivery of mail; special deliveries to departments (bulk paper, copies, mailings etc.); receiving and sorting of mail; preparing outgoing mail; weekly maintenance of vehicle; ordering of supplies; campus wide pickup of shredding.
- Supervises and performs archivist duties when needed. Receives boxes from departments; confirms correct data for storage is provided; locates appropriate space in Archive Room; assigns box to slot and regularly audits and purges archive storage. Delivers and retrieves archive boxes when requested.
- Maintains confidentiality in regards to mail services, copy services and shredding of restricted materials.
- Hires, trains, and manages performance of Housekeeping staff and Facilities Office Assistants. Performs supervisory duties, including the scheduling of staff, assigning work to staff, and approving overtime and time off requests.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of and performs, as needed, routine and non-routine cleaning of the interior and exterior of the building, including floor care, vacuuming of carpet, dusting, window cleaning, restroom upkeep and other general cleaning.
- Implements and supervises project cleaning programs, including sequential and annual cleaning programs.
- Ensures completion of all Housekeeping paperwork, frequency cleaning forms: special request forms: tracks forms and Housekeeping information, and maintains a MSDS file.
- Manages supply and equipment inventory, re-orders Housekeeping supplies as needed, evaluates Housekeeping equipment, and makes recommendations on equipment needs.
- Reviews and maintains safety procedures and participates on the college safety committee.
- Completes performance evaluations once a year for direct reports.
- Communicates with Housekeeping staff and Facilities Office Assistants on a daily basis to coordinate and assist with their daily routine. Conducts regular meetings, at least monthly, with the staff to keep communication open among staff and to discuss any issues.
- Coordinates and processes all paperwork affiliated with construction projects and maintenance and repairs including preparation of bid packages; advertising; arranging bid dates and pre-bid information with contractors; ordering of blue prints; distribution of construction forms for each contractor; handles all paperwork for payment and change orders and maintains spreadsheet for same; communicates with architects, engineers and contractors and other duties affiliated with construction.
- Verifies paperwork for accuracy and maintains contractor files for insurance documents; start-up and close-out documents; contracts; pay applications; Maintenance & Repair pay applications; change directives; addendums and deficiency documentation. Compiles, maintains and adjusts spreadsheet documentation for each contractor contractual obligation regarding financial information for all projects as necessary.
- Attends pre-bid meetings, bid opening meetings and construction progress meetings to take and retain meeting minutes.
- Maintains files for smaller projects and/or purchase of equipment. Monitors for receipt of merchandise and submits invoices for payment.
- Supervises the distribution of department mail. Responsible for coding and processing of invoices for payment and filing system for invoices. Resolves billing issues by communicating with supervisors and vendors regarding problems with merchandise, pricing errors, request for credit, wrong merchandise received and if taxed, follow through with our tax-exempt certificate to vendor.
- Handles the coding and distribution of invoices for insurance claims. Works with Financial Services for proper processing of invoices and maintenance of records.
- Maintains a file of contracts on vendors. Monitors and checks invoicing against contracts for discrepancies. Communicates with Purchasing and vendor on issues with contracts, which includes unit price issues, changes with unit price and expiration dates and renewal of contracts.
- Maintains office supply and office equipment inventory for Facilities Department; prepares orders and purchase orders as needed; receives supplies and stores. Maintains routine maintenance of all office equipment.
- Works with the Facilities Department management team on the coordination and maintaining of the College's Unit Plan.
- Determines hiring qualifications, performs staffing interviews and makes hiring recommendations for Facilities Office Assistants and Housekeeping staff.
- May be responsible for one of the College's credit cards. Monitors and tracks billing for it. Sends statement and receipts monthly to Accounts Payable.
- Works nights and weekends when needed and is able to come in for an emergency.
Opportunities and Challenges
- To work daily with a diverse group to achieve a positive, inclusive workplace.
- Multi-tasking in a position that supports 3 individual departments.
This position requires a basic understanding of janitorial functions including specialty areas such as carpet and tile for five (5) years' work experience in housekeeping and a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience. Must have basic skills in Microsoft Office and a minimum of two (2) years' experience in administrative responsibilities. Strong communication skills required in working with a variety of vendors and contractors.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.