PT Faculty Allied Health
At Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity.
Part time faculty are responsible for teaching assigned courses in Allied Health Sciences. Specifically, we are recruiting an instructor to teach a section of Healthcare Ethics and Law (AHS 110), which will be taught through Zoom synchronously on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm - 3:45pm.
Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods (such as hybrid or online instruction), day, evening, and weekend classes, and maybe at multiple sites. Part-time faculty must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course, semester to semester basis.
Application Procedures:Applicants must attach unofficial copy of transcripts, Resume/CV, and certifications (if applicable). Applications will be kept on file for one year.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Prepare and implement syllabi in accordance with college procedures and course outline.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar including reporting grades and attendance.
- Notify The Director or Nursing and Allied health and Academic Operations Coordinators in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies and procedures including information on Letter of Intent (semester contract).
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Utilize Learning Management System (Canvas) to at least the minimum threshold as indicated in college procedures.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend college meetings as required. This includes New Faculty Orientation upon hire and a beginning of semester all faculty meeting.
- Participate in student assessment and relevant program assessment as directed by the Director of Nursing and Allied Health, Dean, or Vice President.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Actively engages Assessment of Courses and works to engage in college wide assessment program.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Ability to teach assigned course effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology (including Learning Management System). Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).Minimum Qualifications
1. Bachelor's Degree in the field of healthcare; and/or
2. Associate's Degree and 5000 hours occupational experience; OR
3. Associate's Degree and professional licenses/specialized certificates.
Please see specific College procedure on minimum credential requirements by clicking here.
* Official transcript(s) from regionally accredited institution(s) and resume documenting work experience are required to be submitted prior to any formal interview. Please submit unofficial transcripts with your application. Resume must include number per hours each week in relevant position.