PT Faculty Biology
Position SummarySpring 2021 - In-person or Zoom based virtual class
At Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity.
Part time faculty will be responsible for teaching assigned an online section of
- BIO 201/202 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II
Special note for any applicant who resides outside of the State of Arizona: If you are selected for a role with CCC and do not move to Arizona, your employment will be through Kelly Educational Services.
Initial hiring pay is $873 per load hour (Tier A). Instructors who teach 90 load hours at CCC are eligible to move to Tier B, which pays at a rate of $908 per load hour.
Applicants must attach unofficial copy of transcripts, Resume/CV, and certifications (if applicable). Additionally, the NeoGov application must also be completed. Applications will be kept on file for one year.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Prepare and implement syllabi in accordance with college procedures and course outline.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar including reporting grades and attendance.
- Notify Lead Faculty and Dean in case of absence from class. Work to find substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies and procedures including information on Letter of Intent (semester contract).
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Utilize Learning Management System (Canvas) to at least the minimum threshold as indicated in college procedures.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend college meetings as required. This includes New Faculty Orientation upon hire and a beginning of semester all faculty meeting.
- Participate in student assessment and relevant program assessment as directed by the Lead faculty and Dean.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Actively engages Assessment of Courses and works to engage in college wide assessment program.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Ability to teach assigned course effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology (including Learning Management System). Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).Minimum Qualifications
- Master's Degree in the Discipline Area OR
- Master's Degree in any Discipline and at least 18 graduate level (500 level) credits in Biology.
* Official transcripts are required to be submitted prior to any formal interview. Unofficial transcripts are accepted during the application process only.
Enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and willingness to share excitement with CCC community. Commitment to student success. Experience teaching in a higher education setting. Experience working with diverse students and colleagues. Experience using learning management systems (i.e. Canvas, Blackboard, etc).