Director of Academic Affairs
Director of Academic Affairs
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Director of Academic Affairs
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
At Penn Dental Medicine, our students are among the nation's best, and they are matched in quality by the high level of instruction and research among our faculty. Our research encompasses all the basic and clinical sciences, and Penn's emphasis on interdisciplinary scholarship and translational research encourages collaborations across disciplines. Our clinical care brings the latest techniques and technologies to patients within our teaching clinics and faculty practice. As stewards of the neighborhood in which we reside, Penn Dental Medicine participates in a diversity of community outreach programs, serving area residents while teaching our students to practice with compassion, responsibility and integrity.
Penn Dental Medicine's Office of Academic Affairs oversees and supports curriculum initiatives, student learning and experiences, program initiatives and implements policies and procedures as determined by standards of accreditation. The team is actively recruiting for a DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Director of Academic Affairs will provide high-level administrative, supervisory, logistical and technical support for the daily operations of the Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) while utilizing advanced learning and administrative management systems to further promote the School's innovation efforts. Reporting directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the position ensures compliance with mandates from the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) and with documentation for site visits and surveys. The Director will ensure integrity and management of learning systems, technology, and regulations pertaining to curriculum and students' academic records, and generate reports. The incumbent will draft policies to best serve all constituencies in maintaining academic integrity and achieving the academic mission of Penn Dental.
- STRONG ORAL & WRITTEN COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with team members/peers, faculty, senior educational leaders, external departments and students; experience in advocating and serving as a steward the department and School community
- POSITIVE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM, with a strong commitment to exceeding expectations and a high-level of initiative; serve as an effective role model and champion for the team and community
- TEAM PLAYER a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth and success of the department as well as the flexibility and confidence to work independently
- COMMITMENT TO LEARNING, interest and enthusiasm in continuous professional development; motivates, inspires and engages team members
- ABILITY TO ADAPT AND LEARN/PERFORM QUICKLY, make an immediate, sustainable impact, and provide value-added service to students and team
- PROBLEM-SOLVING, agility in providing results driven solutions both short- and long-term
- DETAIL-ORIENTED AND TIME MANAGEMENT in effectively managing multiple projects with competing deadlines and producing high quality work
- INTEGRITY AND DISCRETION in working with confidential and sensitive information
- Collecting, collating, analyzing, and mapping curriculum data to maintain compliance with Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) and documentation for accreditation site visits. Completion of accreditation-related surveys. Monitor student compliance with all policies to ensure compliance with academic requirements as set forth by CODA and Penn Dental Medicine. Draft and revise academic policies for the student handbook in alignment with accreditation standards, and collaborate with other PDM committees and Office of General Counsel to create fair policies. Provide policy interpretation as needed.
- Maintain, evaluate, and implement management systems to further advance the School's innovation efforts. Serve as key administrator for various software and databases used within the office, and provide high-level technical assistance to students, faculty and clinic management. This will include, but not limited to the development and implementation of tracking and reporting mechanisms for essential curriculum and clinic management data, building and analyzing reports, and training of end-users. The candidate must be able to train end-users in these technologies
- The position will also serve as a primary liaison between the OAA and Offices of Student Affairs, Student Disabilities, University Registrar, PDM Information Technologies, and PDM Admissions, which includes but not limited to completing surveys and requests for information, responding to general inquiries, and attending meetings.
- Maintain accurate records on the status of all students such as those on family leave, LOA, and probation and communicate with other administrative offices as needed to ensure that students are provided appropriate levels of access and are accurately representing for registration and reporting purposes.
- End-user training, creating tutorial videos, multimedia layout pages, cuts narration files into individual clips, and reviews multimedia content to ensure correctness. Assist with curriculum scheduling and implementation.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Master's degree preferred with 2-3 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Progressively responsible academic affairs work experience strongly preferred. Prior supervisory experience required.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite is required.
Candidates with demonstrated experience in more than one educational technology and administrative platform, including ExamSoft, axiUm, Canvas, Panopto, BlueJeans and/or Banner preferred.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Dental Medicine
$50,684.00 - $91,232.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Dental-School-Evans-Building/Director-of-Academic-Affairs_JR00026462
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency