Business Management Marketing Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
*Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2021*
*Start Date: Fall (September) 2021*
Brigham Young University-Hawaii invites applications for a full-time, Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of “tenure-track”) faculty position in the Business Management Program to begin September 2021 in the Fall Semester.
The successful candidate will be qualified to teach courses in all aspects of marketing. Ability to teach other closely related business subjects is desirable. Specifically, this position will teach courses in marketing research, principles of marketing, digital marketing, strategic marketing management and integrated marketing communication. We seek candidates who are willing to be flexible with teaching assignments. Annual teaching load will be 30 credit hours across three semesters.
BYUH’s internationally diverse student body and focused mission create a unique environment which emphasizes instructional excellence, leadership development, and lifetime learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework). In addition to teaching responsibilities, faculty are expected to participate in activities of the Business Management Program and the Faculty of Business & Government.
A master’s degree in a business field is required. A doctorate is preferred. Industry experience in marketing is required. Previous experience teaching at the university level is preferred. A desire to mentor a diverse, global student body toward a successful career launch is key in this faculty role. Scholarship, ongoing professional development, and university service are expected as a complement to primary teaching responsibilities. Candidates with a global professional network are preferred.
Additional preferred experience includes:
- Search Engine Marketing and Pay Per Click
- Familiar with strategies to drive traffic and ROI via paid client acquisition tactics across paid channels
- Knowledge of management of ad expenditures with daily reporting, performance analysis, and bid optimization techniques
- Google Analytics and Google Adwords Certified
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing principles, strategies, and best practices
- General understanding of other forms of digital marketing including content marketing, SEO, conversion optimization, landing page optimization, paid marketing, re-targeting, etc.
Brigham Young University-Hawaii gives preference to candidates whose background and/or experiences connect with the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body. Candidates are encouraged to describe such experience in their applications.
As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Rank and salary depend on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- This is an annually-renewable eleven-month contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent to "tenure track").
- A standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package is included for regular full-time employees.
- Candidates are advised to use the online application system and to submit a letter of application together with a professional resume or CV. Letters of reference are not discouraged; however, finalists will be required to have confidential references submitted directly.See below.
- Candidates with teaching experience are encouraged to submit a recent evaluation of their teaching.
- An employment confidential report form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf) should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address listed below.
- Transcripts must be provided from the institution where the candidate’s last degree was obtained.
- Candidates are also encouraged to provide a link to a video demonstrating the candidate teaching a topic relevant to the job position via an appropriately-labeled email message to email@example.com
- All requested materials must be received before the candidate can be considered.
- A candidate who is selected as a finalist for the position will be required to have three confidential letters of reference sent to the address below.Do not have your references submit these letters until you are contacted and advised that the letters have been requested.
Associate Academic Vice President for Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.