Business Management Human Resources Assistant/Associate Professor
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-26
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
*Applications will be reviewed beginning January 1, 2021*
*Start Date: Fall (September) 2021*
Brigham Young University-Hawaii invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Human Resources in the Business Management Program to begin September 2021 in the Fall Semester.
The successful candidate will be qualified to teach courses in human resource management, employee relations and compensation, training and development, recruiting and staffing, leadership and management, and business communication. Specific course assignments will depend on the candidate’s expertise and fit with the current Business Management faculty. We seek candidates who are willing to be flexible with teaching assignments. Annual teaching load will be 30 credit hours across three semesters.
BYUH’s internationally diverse student body and focused mission create a unique environment which emphasizes instructional excellence, leadership development, and lifetime learning (http://about.byuh.edu/learning-framework). In addition to teaching responsibilities, faculty are expected to participate in activities of the Business Management program and the Faculty of Business and Government, campus service and academic scholarship endeavors.
A master’s degree in a field such as business administration, human resources, or law is required. A relevant doctorate is preferred. Several years of experience in a human resources department performing HR tasks such as employee relations, training and development, recruiting, compensation/benefits, employment law, and/or performance management is preferred. Current HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) strongly preferred. Experience teaching university courses strongly preferred. The candidate is expected to provide evidence of the capacity to develop courses and curriculum, teach effectively, and mentor students. Candidates with a strong global network are preferred.
Brigham Young University-Hawaii gives preference to candidates whose background and/or experiences connect with the many cultures and geographic regions reflected by the student body. Candidates are encouraged to describe such experience in their applications.
As an educational institution affiliated with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BYU-Hawaii prefers to hire qualified members of the Church in good standing as authorized under Title 41 CFS § 60-1.5 (a)(6).
- Rank and salary depend on qualifications and experience.
- A limited relocation expense package is provided.
- This is an annually-renewable eleven-month contract eligible for Continuing Faculty Status (BYU-H equivalent of "tenure track".
- A standard BYU-Hawaii benefits package is included for regular full-time employees.
- Candidates are advised to use the online application system and to submit a letter of application together with a professional resume or CV. Letters of reference are not discouraged; however, finalists will be required to have confidential references submitted directly.See below.
- Candidates with teaching experience are encouraged to submit a recent evaluation of their teaching.
- An employment confidential report form (https://brightspotcdn.byu.edu/ca/94/ece6c2d542c0a203a21f3ff10a14/ecclesiastical-endorsement-0.pdf) should be submitted by the interviewing ecclesiastical leader to email@example.com or the address listed below.
- Transcripts must be provided from the institution where the candidate’s last degree was obtained.
- Candidates are also encouraged to provide a link to a video demonstrating the candidate teaching a topic relevant to the job position via an appropriately-labeled email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All requested materials must be received before the candidate can be considered.
- A candidate who is selected as a finalist for the position will be required to have three confidential letters of reference sent to the address below.Do not have your references submit these letters until you are contacted and advised that the letters have been requested.
Associate Academic Vice President Faculty
55-220 Kulanui Street
Laie, HI 96762
Email: email@example.com* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.