Counseling and Disability Services Intern
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-19
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.
Job Description Summary
The employee will primarily assist with the coordination and delivery of outreach, psychoeducational, and support services for Counseling and Disability Services. This employee will also work with the office manager, other counselors, and with the intern. The employee will assist in planning, coordinating, and facilitating groups, workshops, seminars, and one to one activities to promote the mental health wellbeing of students and the overall mission of Counseling and Disability Services.
· Work closely with the director regarding various assigned projects and programs.
· Provide support to front office operations.
· Collaborate with various Student Life departments, faculty, and outside community organizations as needed.
· Coordinate a series of psychoeducational forums each semester addressing the various needs of the student body.
· Oversee the “End the Stigma” campaign providing monthly activities to reduce the negative stigma of mental illness.
· Facilitate a weekly drop-in workshop addressing the various needs of the student body.
· Facilitate a weekly skills building group (mindfulness, stress management, etc.).
· Collaborate with Social Work and Psychology departments in program planning.
· Work closely with the Social Media Coordinator and interns to raise awareness of Counseling and Disability Services and programs.
· Additional duties pertaining to Counseling and Disability Services programming and operations as indicated.
Qualifications and Experience
Must have a Bachelor's degree in the following areas: Social Work, Psychology, Special Education and other related fields. Must be a graduate of Brigham Young University-Hawaii.
Good Communication skills, verbal skills and written skills
Time management and organizational skills
Proficient in computer/research skills, excel, photo shop, power point and prezi presentations Good customer service and phone skills
Comply with confidentiality policies and the handling of sensitive information
Proactive and self-directed learner
Primarily works in an office area.
Must have good computer skills, assistive technology software, video conferencing programs, video equipment, printer/copier, laminator.* More information may be requested as you progress through the recruiting process.