Junior Technical Support Analyst
Department:: Computing Services Admin
Locations:: Binghamton, NY
Posted:: Nov 19, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 00358
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Programmer/Analyst (SL-2)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Junior Technical Support Analyst is a user facing position that provides direct technology support to students, faculty and staff who are located in the Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the Binghamton University Health Sciences and Innovation Campus (HSIC) located in Johnson City. This support is primarily done through resolving walk-up requests or telephone support. The Junior Technical Support Analyst will provide support for a wide range of technical areas such as (but not limited to) Accounts Management, Device Support (both hardware and software), Student Printer Support, AV Support, and level one Networking Support (wired and wireless). The Junior Technical Support Analyst is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues or escalating the issue to the appropriate team. The Junior Technical Support Analyst is part of a team of IT professionals who provide technical support to the Binghamton University community. The work schedule for this position will be adjusted based on the academic calendar and needs of the campus.
In addition, the Junior Technical Support Analyst will:
- Maintain detailed record keeping of the nature and resolution of all service tickets in ServiceNow (ITSM software); resolve as many user problems during the initial call/meeting whenever possible
- Educate users on problem prevention and escalating issues whenever necessary
- Consult with users to determine their current and emerging technology/needs and provide recommendations based on compatibility with university systems and architecture
- Provide flexible, patient, and creative solutions to issues as they arise
- Maintain fluency on industry best-practices by reviewing industry publications, requesting training, and requesting attendance to industry meetings
- Provide competent, timely, quality, and excellent customer service in all facets of work
- Maintain confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements (FERPA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Associates Degree, with at least 2 years of experience in a Customer Service or Technology Support role
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form with technical and non-technical users
- Experience supporting any of the following: Windows 10, macOS, IOS, Android, including installing/configuring apps and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Must be physically able to perform work that requires lifting (30 pounds), reaching, bending, kneeling, crawling or climbing into small work spaces for extended periods of time
- Must be detail oriented, organized, have excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, a willing attitude, persistent follow-through, and effectiveness in getting things done collaboratively
- High degree of personal integrity and standards of professional conduct
- Experience and ability to positively interact with senior management
- Must be a positive, hardworking person able to deal successfully with a diverse group of users, faculty, staff, and students
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid/clean driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
- Bachelor's degree, with 2 years of experience in a Customer Service or Technology Support role
- Experience working in higher education or a large research technology environment
- Experience working in a user-facing technical support position
- Experience using ITSM Software for ticket tracking (ServiceNow)
- Experience supporting tools for remote teaching/learning/support (Zoom, Google Meet, Panopto)
- Experience supporting instructional technology (Solstice Pods, Extron)
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting printers
- Experience with desktop management products (SCCM, JAMF)
- Ability and experience in a fast-paced environment with minimal to no direct supervision
- Demonstrated curiosity, interest, and ability in keeping abreast of technology
- HDI Certifications
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: December 3, 2020
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.