Job no: 515121
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:60420000 - AG-RESOURCE EFFICIENT COMMUNIT
Advertised: 18 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Communications SpecialistJob Description:
Job responsibilities include:
- Create educational materials including publications, training videos and presentations by combining marketing principles with hard communications skills to develop collateral that demonstrate the value of H2OSAV to relevant stakeholders. Design infographics and other dynamic content to increase engagement and readability. Integrate storytelling with data in ways that could assist in efforts to change water consumption behavior. Prepare materials for publication in peer-reviewed journals, blogs and newsletters.
- Assist the team in developing and maintaining cohesive messaging and branding reflected across all communication efforts.
- Perform other duties as required.
$34,000.00 - $44,000.00 annually, commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Master’s degree, or at least four years of relevant experience
- Competency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and Mailchimp
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Knowledge of current issues impacting Florida’s water resources
- Strategic planning
- Capable of high attention to detail
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Able to work independently as a self-starter
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing (required)Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This is a time-limited position.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.Health Assessment Required: