Temporary - Research Assistant
The Behavior Lab is seeking an individual to work for ~10 hours/week on projects related to social psychology, social norms, and environmental sustainability that aim to inform psychological interventions and shift society towards addressing climate change and other social problems. Current projects include a meta-analysis on social norm effects, and understanding the influence of networks of social norms on attitudes towards renewable energy.
Position is ideal for someone considering a research career in quantitative social science and interested in applying research to address social problems. This position also includes opportunities to learn and develop research skills and receive professional mentorship (e.g., in preparation for applying to a PhD).
Duties will include:
- Assisting in a meta analysis of social norms (reviewing and harvesting data from prior literature, coding study features)
- Assisting in designing and conducting online experiments related to social norms and sustainability
Required skills / qualifications:
- Familiarity with social psychological theory (coursework or research experience)
- Familiarity with inferential statistics (coursework or research experience)
- Familiarity with experimental quantitative methods
- Familiarity with survey design
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Major in Psychology
- Ability to conduct statistical analyses in R
- Prior experience in social psychology or related field
- Familiarity with Qualtrics
- Experience analyzing survey data
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW.
Standard Weekly Hours0.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleNoEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date8/31/2021Comments Related to End Dateposition may be extended based on funding and performancePhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo